Tuesday 18 March 2014

MY FASHION INTRO


My Fashion Intro...


I have always loved fashion.  Good outfits make me blush.  I always want to come out looking all comely no matter the time of day. This love for fashion was definitely not born today, I think my fashion intro started somewhere in those 9 months...or was it after lol.   Right from childhood though, I remember vividly fighting for the liberty to pick my own clothes. A dress with a matching pair of shoes,  some funny looking artificial flower to beautify my scrawny looking hair...  and my mum would always wonder ‘where in the world did she get that hipster from.” Lol.


Fashion can be defined as “a popular or latest style of clothing, hair, decoration, or behaviour” It can also be described as “the manner by which something is done at a period of time.  Sometimes it comes as a fad (short lived) and sometime it’s ever green.  Most times though, we try to keep up with what is trending, sometimes failing woefully and committing fashion blunders... or is it “faux pas”? Hmm.

Back in my university days my friends and course mates will always tell me that I dress well.  They felt that I match my tops and bottom very well and I would just blush and say thanks. It was believed that I had good dress sense...whatever that means.  Consequently, some kept advising that I take it up seriously as a service I could provide to others... and who knows where it would get me.  Well I listened... and here I am.


Long and short of the story is that I love putting good pieces of clothing together to come out dapper. I’ve also longed to empower people through fashion just like my tutor in one of the fashion classes I attended way back then...Big ups to Temitope Williams of fashion beyond stitches.

In this blog as part of the Musings of Luch, I shall be giving out tips on how to mix and match, what colours or patterns, size or shape one should or shouldn’t wear for different occasions and events. I shall also continue with my research and readings to expand my knowledge further so as to serve you all better as fashion is an ever evolving concept....i’m not a fashion plate yet you know.

So there you have...My fashion intro.  I really hope I did justice once more.  However criticism is highly welcome.  Please and please ,always send in your questions on whatever fashion tips you need or are confused about and I’ll help to the best of my knowledge, we might even end up solving the puzzle together, that way you see you’ve got your own good dress sense too. J For starters since fashion is such a wide topic can we break it down into bits and see.  Can someone please suggest what aspect of fashion we should start with?

18 comments:

  1. Go gal n keep doing us proud. Nice Nice Nice I must say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lin Lin we all are in it together dear...Ose!

      Delete
  2. Bravo! Let's start with outfits for weddings and events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one Steph...i'll get to work as soon as possible. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. This is one part that really interests me. I'm looking to getting tips and all.. keep it up girl! Nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've asked for it..you'll get it in abundance kryssie...lol

      Delete
  4. This is one part that really interests me. I'm looking to getting tips and all.. keep it up girl! Nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm nice. I think there's a lot of potential in your writing. I love your choice and placement of pictures, they really accentuate your writing. Hmm those lips lol. Would really love to see how your blog turns out. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. thank you Uche...I'll do my best and not disappoint you all my ardent readers.

      Delete
  6. Nice again. Outfit for different events,what to wear and what not to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one topic I find quite fascinating. Shall we please discuss "dress-sense" i.e dressing sensibly to suit an occasion, weather, skin colour and according to body shapes and sizes.... you remember the ludicrousness that stared glaringly at us while shopping the other day??? Many of us are guilty of committing the fashion faux pas and we need to get our acts together, FAST!!! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go my dear! Keep i coming cos i just added the blog to my favorite list.
    Am really interested in you addressing this fashion thing cos u know as e dey be with me, i no just too send at all. But we all also get to that point in our lives where we really begin to care. I look into my wardrobe most mornings and just cant figure out what to wear or how well to combine it. I have also come to realise that one doesn't need to have a closet as big as a mansion to dress properly, you simply need to have the right dress sense and i give that to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey luch nice one..I think we should talk about this topic; what fits or whats in vougue?I see that as a major challenge especially in ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Ijay...it's a topic we should hit on...leggo .lol. Thanks for your support.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. Pretty interesting read... I am eagerly waiting for the said tips as i often fall victim to that "moment of absolute confusion" while starring at my wardrobe in the morning...
    Nice one

    ReplyDelete